A phone number that spells hope for millions of children across India, CHILDLINE is India's first 24-hour, free, emergency phone service for children in need of aid and assistance. Whether you are a concerned adult or a child, you can dial 1098, the toll free number to access our services. We not only respond to the emergency needs of children but also link them to services for their long-term care and rehabilitation. We have, to date, reached out to over three million children across the nation through such calls.
We work for the protection of the rights of all children in general. But our special focus is on all children in need of care and protection, especially the more vulnerable sections, which include:
- Street children and youth living alone on the streets
- Child labourers working in the unorganised and organized sectors
- Domestic help, especially girl domestics
- Children affected by physical / sexual / emotional abuse in family, schools or institutions.
- Children who need emotional support and guidance
- Children of commercial sex workers
- Child victims of the flesh trade
- Victims of child trafficking
- Children abandoned by parents or guardians
- Missing children
- Run away children
- Children who are victims of substance abuse
- Differently-abled children
- Children in conflict with the law
- Children in institutions
- Mentally challenged children
- HIV/ AIDS infected children
- Children affected by conflict and disaster
- Child political refugees
- Children whose families are in crises
Running “Consciousness Children’s Activity Center”
For providing children of rural and tribal area education with games and to improve their intellectual level with aim of different activities “Chetna Bal Gatividhi Kendra” (Consciousness Children’s Activity Center) has been started before 10 year in two villages Linga and Chikhli of chhindwara district. Nearly 429 students are getting education in this center. Formal education is also being provided here by dedicated and experienced teachers.
Running School for Child labor
In Ramkona village of Sonsar development block and Junnardev development block headquarter of Chhindwara schools have been operated with help of labor department. In this excellent results have been shown.